2009 ECCAI Fellows Announced!
ECCAI is delighted to announce the newly elected ECCAI Fellows:
- Hector Geffner
- Francisco Herrera
- Ian Horrocks
- Gerhard Lakemeyer
- Jerome Lang
- Pierre Marquis
- Daniele Nardi
Congratulations to each one of them! For more information on the ECCAI Fellows programme please check the "dedicated web pages".
2009 ECCAI General Assembly
The next ECCAI General Assembly will take place during ACAI 2009 at 14.00 - 16.00 on August 28th.
- Advanced Course in Artificial Intelligence (ACAI 2009) Intelligent Decision Support Systems
Belfast, August 23-29 2009.
This prestigious Summer School will focus on methods and tools available for the development of Intelligent Decision Support Systems. These systems can take decisions by themselves or by interacting and cooperating with humans. They have a wide range of applications, for example: healthcare, finance and emergency response. The Summer School includes courses on preference modelling, argumentation, multiagent systems, uncertainty reasoning and various applications, delivered by distinguished academics and professionals with extensive experience in the development and application of such systems. The courses are designed to be interactive and will consist of a mixture of lectures and hands-on practice.
The Summer School targets an audience at the PhD level who are interested in this exciting area: current PhD students, advanced MSc students and other professionals with suitable technical backgrounds.
More information on this event, including programme, registration and available travel grants, is found at the ACAI 2009 web site.
- 19th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2010),
Lisbon, Portugal, 16-20 August 2010.
ECCAI Sponsored conferences
- 21st International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-09)
Pasadena, USA, July 11-17 2009.
- The 22nd International Workshop on Description Logics (DL 2009),
St Anne's College, Oxford, United Kingdom, 27-30 July 2009.
- 19th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2009)
Thessaloniki, Greece, 19 - 23 Sep 2009.
- RuleML 2009: The International RuleML Symposium on Rule Interchange and Applications,
Las Vegas, USA, 5-7 November 2009.
- 20th Irish Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science (AICS 2009)
Dublin, Ireland, August 19-21 2009.
- 32nd Annual Conference On Artificial Intelligence (KI 2009)
Paderborn, Germany, September 15-18 2009.
- 14th Portuguese Conference on Artificial Intelligence (EPIA 2009)
Aveiro, Portugal, October 12-15 2009.
- 12th International Congress of the Catalan Association of Artificial Intelligence (CCIA 2009),
Cardona, Catalunya, Spain, October 21-23 2009.
- 21st BENELUX Conference on Artificial Intelligence (BNAIC 2009)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands, October 29-30 2009.
- 13th Conference of the Spanish Association for Artificial Intelligence (CAEPIA 2009)
Seville, Spain, November 9-13 2009.
- XIth International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA 2009)
Reggio Emilia, Italy, December 9-12 2009.
- 29th SGAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI-09)
Cambridge, England, December 15-17 2009.
Contents of latest issue (Volume 22, Number 2 / 2009)
- Gianluca Torta and Pietro Torasso, Parametric abstraction of behavioral modes for model-based diagnosis
- Yin Zhang, Yueting Zhuang, Jiangqin Wu and Liang Zhang, Applying probabilistic latent semantic analysis to multi-criteria recommender system
- G.M.P. O’Hare, M.J. O’Grady, S. Poslad b and L. Titkov, Exploiting Multi-Agent Systems in realizing adaptivity in the Mobile Tourist Domain
- Matti Järvisalo, Structure-based satisﬁability checking
- Francesca Carmagnola, From user models to interoperable user models
Contents of latest issue (vol. 24 no.3, May/June 2009)
- Fei-Yue Wang, Beyond X 2.0: Where Should We Go?
- James Figueroa, Discovery Systems Check Their Own Facts
- Michael Lewis, Katia Sycara, Paul Scerri, Scaling Up Wide-Area-Search-Munition Teams
- Longbing Cao, Sydney Vladimir Gorodetsky, Pericles A. Mitkas, Agents and Data Mining
- Martin Rehák Michal Pechoucek, Martin Grill, Jan Stiborek, Karel Bartoš, Pavel Celeda, Adaptive Multiagent System for Network Traffic Monitoring
- Yun Xiong, Guangyong Zheng, Qing Yang, Yangyong Zhu, A Collaborative Multiagent System for Mining Transcriptional Regulatory Elements
- Ning Zhong, Shinichi Motomura, Agent-Enriched Data Mining: A Case Study in Brain Informatics
- Roger Nkambou, Philippe Fournier-Viger, Engelbert Mephu Nguifo, Improving the Behavior of Intelligent Tutoring Agents with Data Mining
- Kyriakos C. Chatzidimitriou, Andreas L. Symeonidis, Data-Mining-Enhanced Agents in Dynamic Supply-Chain-Management Environments
- Longbing Cao, Vladimir Gorodetsky, Pericles A. Mitkas, Agent Mining: The Synergy of Agents and Data Mining
- Georgios Karagiannis, Konstantinos Vavliakis, Sophia Sotiropoulou, Argirios Damtsios, Dimitrios Alexiadis, Christos Salpistis, Using Signal Processing and Semantic Web Technologies to Analyze Byzantine Iconography
- Robert R. Hoffman, Douglas O. Norman, Juris Vagners, "Complex Sociotechnical Joint Cognitive Work Systems"?